We are excited to kick off this Winter Break with well wishes for all the IDEA Team & Family! Our hope is that all our students, staff, and families enjoy a happy and safe winter vacation.
While this time will be filled with fun, we wanted to share a few safety tips if you plan to travel or visit with friends and family.
According to the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention, children and adults should stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines. Updated bivalent boosters became available on Sept. 2, 2022. You can also make an appointment to get your COVID-19 booster and flu shots if you have not at the same time.
If you or a member of your family has symptoms of illness, you should stay home and consider taking a COVID-19 test prior to events with multiple households.
Stay safe on the roads over the break! Here are some tips for you to prepare for travel provided by the National Safety Council:
- Prepare your car for travel and keep an emergency kit in your vehicle before takeoff.
- Get a good night’s sleep before departing. Avoid driving while drowsy.
- Leave early in the day and plan for heavy traffic.
- Make sure every person in the vehicle is properly buckled up no matter how long or short the distance traveled.
- Avoid distractions while driving; put cell phones away and keep your eyes on the road.
IDEA Public Schools will be closed from December 19 – January 2. Students will return to classrooms on Thursday, January 5. Click here to find IDEA’s Academic Calendars by region.