Labor Day is upon us, and we are all excited about having an extended weekend to relax and refresh. Please carefully consider your plans for the time off. COVID-19 contagion around the country is at record levels due to the delta variant.
As the country deals with record-level COVID-19 cases, we want our Team & Family and their loved ones to stay healthy and safe. If you travel, we urge you to abide by all the health and safety protocols we are now very familiar with: washing your hands regularly, wearing a mask, and physically distancing from others. Let’s all do our part to mitigate the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19.
We respectfully request that families carefully consider travel plans, the possibility of travel interruptions and/or quarantine, and the potential impacts of these on you, your family and others in your community.
Even if you aren’t traveling, remember to continue regular handwashing and health precautions. Since person-to-person spread is still viewed as the primary source of infection, we wanted to share some tips to keeping yourself and others healthy while our Team & Family is on break:
- Wash your hands well. Wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick. Monitor your health and symptoms of illness.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Get your flu shot or COVID-19 vaccine (if available).
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Get rest! Getting enough sleep helps keep your immune system up and better prepared to fight off germs.
- Wear a mask or face covering completely over your nose and mouth in public areas. Although state mandates for mask-wearing may have changed, health experts are still recommending continued use. The CDC recommends you wear a mask to help protect yourself and others around you.
- Practice social distancing. Even when wearing a mask, stay six feet away from those who are not in your household. Staying at least 6 feet away from others or gathering outdoors can reduce your risk of exposure.
- Seek medical care, stay home and monitor symptoms if you are in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 and get tested if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
We hope that each of you stay safe and have a fun Labor Day weekend. Please remember to continuously monitor the health of your child and family upon return from the break. Stay safe, Team & Family!