Team & Family, with the long weekend ahead, be sure to practice good health and safety habits if you are traveling or gathering with friends and family!
- Make an appointment to get your COVID-19 booster and flu shots if you have not already done so. Did you know that it is safe to get a booster and flu shot at the same time?
- There are multiple locations to get your COVID-19 booster and flu shot without an appointment, such as local pharmacies and health departments.
- Practice precautions during travel, including properly wearing a well-fitting mask when needed and washing your hands often with soap and water or using hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Do not travel if you are sick, tested positive for COVID-19, or have the flu. COVID-19 isolation period is five days from onset of symptoms or test positive. If you test positive for the flu, you must be fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication to end isolation.
- Closely monitor your symptoms if you have been in close contact with a person with COVID-19 or the flu. If you begin to show symptoms of COVID-19, please self-isolate immediately. Contact your primary care provider for further treatment recommendations.
Help keep our Team & Family safe and review the following resources to learn more about the benefits of COVID-19 booster and flu shots, where to get vaccinated, and travel tips.
IDEA Health Services: https://ideapublicschools.org/health-services/
COVID-19 Booster: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to-date.html
Influenza (Flu): https://www.cdc.gov/flu/
Travel guidelines: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html