Amplify CKLA is a high-quality literacy curriculum that aligns to our Florida and Ohio state standards. This school year, students will explore a myriad of topics while gaining deeper knowledge in phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension.
Are you ready to set sail on a year-long reading and writing adventure from your classroom? Well, come aboard and let’s go! Let us travel through the world of literacy with Amplify CKLA!
|Nursery Rhymes & Fables
|Fables & Stories
|Fairy Tales & Tall Tales
|The Five Senses
|The Human Body
|Early Asian Civilizations
|Different Lands, Similar Stories
|The Ancient Greek Civilization
|Early World Civilizations
|Early American Civilizations
|The War of 1812
|Cycles in Nature
|Kings & Queens
|The History of the Earth
|Seasons and Weather
|Animals and Habitats
|Colonial Towns & Townspeople
|The U.S. Civil War
|Taking Care of the Earth
|A New Nation: American Independence
|The Human Body: Building Blocks and Nutrition
|Presidents & American Symbols
|Fighting for a Cause
Each month, this blog will feature at-home read, write, and play activities that connect directly to the topics scholars are learning about in class. It will also feature fiction and non-fiction books you can access from your local library or bookstore. You can register for a free library account in the city you live! Visit one of the following public library sites:
Jacksonville Public Library – https://jaxpubliclibrary.org/
Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative – https://hcplc.org/
Cincinnati Public Library – https://chpl.org/
You can start this year-long adventure by checking out the following books to read at home with your child.
- Table Talk: Would you be able to sleep with the noises of many animals around? What kind of noise does a ________ make?
- Sing a Lullaby: Sing your favorite childhood rhyming songs with your child.
- Table Talk: Do you think Little Pot learned her lesson? What would you do differently if you were Little Pot?
- Paint a Pot! Head to the store and grab a ceramic pot of your choice and acrylic paints. Guide your child in creating a fun, unique design.
- Table Talk: What do you like best about this tall tale? Why?
- Tell a Tall Tale! With your child, create a story that includes cool characters and amazing events.