Ver esta página en Español
Thank you for your interest in IDEA Public Schools. An IDEA Pre-K classroom is a great place to learn and grow. Our dedicated teachers track each student’s progress and match instruction to meet their specific needs. The eligibility requirements listed below are only for the state of Texas.
To be eligible for enrollment in a free Pre-K class, a child must be at least four years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year and meet at least one of the following eligibility requirements:
- unable to speak and comprehend the English language
- is educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the national school lunch program… guidelines about NSLP eligibility can be found in sections 4 and 6 of the Texas Department of Agriculture’s Administrators Reference Manual)
- is homeless, as defined by 42 USC, §11434a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child’s guardian or other person having lawful control of the child
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority
- is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
- is or has ever been in the conservatorship of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Family Code §262.201
- is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as:
For more information, visit the TEA website by following the link provided here: Pre-K Registration Information 21-22.