Over the next three weeks, IDEA Public Schools will welcome over 83,000 motivated and bright scholars and more than 11,000 Team & Family for their first day of school across eleven regions over four states at 143 schools, including our newest regions, IDEA Jacksonville in Florida and IDEA Greater Cincinnati in Ohio.
First Day of School Schedule
IDEA is incredibly proud of the hard work our Team & Family has accomplished over the past school year, and we are excited to be back in school, starting strong this academic school year.
The experience of our schools over the past two years demonstrates that students learn best in person and that schools can operate safely with responsible precautions and safety measures in place. IDEA believes that each of our campuses provide an environment that allows us to deliver on our promise of a safe and high-quality education for every student.
Here are just a few of our incredible accomplishments from the 2021-22 school year:
- The class of 2022 received over 9,000 acceptances to colleges and universities across the country including Harvard, Yale, Brown, Columbia, and more!
- 21 million nutritious and delicious meals were prepared and served by our Child Nutrition Program.
- 17,731 pounds of produce were harvested across 11 IDEA Farms.
- More than 600 Junior Master Gardeners certified, a new IDEA one-year record!
- 29,899 Word Masters and 4,977 Royal Readers across our schools.
- 15 IDEA High Schools and 43 Elementary and Middle Schools ranked among the Best in the Nation by U.S. News & World Report, the most out of any district in Texas!
- 13 IDEA College Preparatory Schools were ranked the Most Challenging in The Nation by The Jay Mathews Challenge Index High School Rankings
- Over 830 participants across Austin, El Paso, Rio Grande Valley, and San Antonio in our Annual 5K + Health Expo.
All this, and so much more! As we begin this new academic year, we remain deeply committed to upholding our mission, growing student achievement, enriching our curriculum, deepening our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, developing and empowering our staff, and sending more students to college than ever before.
“We are so proud of the incredible achievements our Team & Family accomplished over the past 12 months,” writes Collin Sewell, Acting CEO, and Jeff Cottrill, Superintendent. “Soon enough, we’ll be celebrating the remarkable feats of 22-23! We are confident that this year will be our greatest year ever because of you.”
Here’s to a wonderful first day of school and a safe and successful new school year, Team & Family!
For more information and resources, please visit our Back-to-School website at https://ideapublicschools.org/back-to-school-2022/