Our staff members are our most valuable asset in achieving our mission of College for All Children.
IDEA Public Schools has more than 5,600 employees across Texas and Southern Louisiana. Every team member is encouraged to sweat the small stuff and do whatever it takes to ensure our scholars and fellow team members are successful. To ensure our Team & Family is acknowledged and rewarded for their devotion and attention to detail, we have a plethora of staff incentives and benefits as our way of saying “Thank You!”
Here are just a few:
- The Teacher Career Pathway is a differentiated reward, recognition, and retention program for teachers at IDEA Public Schools. The Teacher Career Pathway (TCP) program synthesizes multiple components of a teacher’s performance in order to place him or her on a five-tier pathway. Each level on this pathway has its own set of supports, rewards, and recognitions, with Master Teacher being the ultimate goal.
- IDEA also offers a variety of staff bonus structures, including performance pay for meeting organizational-level and individual goals, performance pay based on placement level on Teacher Career Pathway (TCP), campuses who meet 100% of eligible distinctions, longevity pay and more.
- IDEA hosts different events and awards assemblies throughout the year to recognize exceptional efforts or results, including thank you e-cards, core value awards and cash awards. Annual Performance Bonuses selectively recognize qualified individuals for extraordinary achievements sustained over the majority of the year.
- Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a solution to help make employees’ busy lives easier. EAP can help you and your family members with confidential 24/7 consultation and referrals for family, legal, mental health, relationship, work and conflict resolutions issues. In addition, we offer guidance for managing life’s transitions and much more.
- The IDEA Public Schools employee appreciation suite at the AT&T Center is a privately funded space that is leveraged to recognize and reward high-performing teachers, leaders and staff. Over the past year, IDEA has hosted hundreds of educators and support staff in the suite.
- IDEA contributes $1,000/annually into a Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) account for each full-time staff member in Texas who is enrolled in a health care plan. The HRA, is an employer-funded account that is designed to assist staff members in paying for qualified out-of-pocket expenses related to medical, dental and vision care costs.
By the year 2022, IDEA plans to expand to more than 100,000 students across eight regions. Thank you, Team & Family, for all you’ve done and will continue to do for our scholars!