As we prepare for a strong start to the 2020-2021 school year, our staff trainings are aimed at improving academic excellence, staff experience, parent and student satisfaction, and operational and health protocol.
Beyond the equipment and supplies we’ve invested on all campuses; we are also investing in our people—ensuring teachers and staff are well-versed in the protocols needed to feel confident returning to school. In addition, trainings focused on vital decision-making and communication procedures to keep parents informed quickly and accurately.
While this year may feel a little different than previous years, rest assured that our staff is well-trained in robust COVID-19 protocols, and is ready to welcome your child, virtually and in-person, for a great school year.
What do IDEA summer trainings look like for staff?
From teachers to leaders to operational staff, IDEA Team & Family partake in professional development and training sessions around a variety of topics, including:
- Implementing strong health and safety protocols to ensure that students remain healthy and strong throughout the school year.
- Standardizing health practices network-wide, which include staggered student drop-off times to avoid crowding, temperature screenings, hygiene stations at every campus entrance, state-of-the-art plexiglass desk guards, and much more*.
- Creating and practicing in-depth plans for dealing with potential “what if” scenarios surrounding COVID-19.
- Professional development training for IDEA teachers and staff to ensure every scholar receives a top-notch, rigorous education.
- Ensuring 100% of our families know what to expect when school starts, and receive timely information through various channels, including social media and text messages and phone calls from staff. And speaking of the first day of school, be sure to check out our Back to School page for the latest news and information!
Every employee at IDEA Public Schools is committed to continuous improvement in each of our operations and protocols to better serve our families and ensure every scholar is safe, happy, and healthy on the road to and through college.
* All IDEA campuses except IDEA Travis will begin the 2020-2021 school year with 100% distance learning from home for all grade levels. When a return to campus happens, these protocols will be in place.