We are excited to share that students from any part of Texas are now eligible to attend IDEA via distance learning for the 2020-21 school year.
During the 2020-21 school year, students with a Texas proof of residency can attend IDEA’s distance learning program regardless of where they live in the state. To be eligible for this opportunity, families must be willing to make the following commitments:
- Students must commit to distance learning for the entire 2020-21 school year at the assigned campus (this may be outside of our geographic area, which is an exciting way for students to learn with a new set of teachers and peers!).
- If the student wants to remain at IDEA for the 2021-22 school year, they must re-register to their preferred IDEA campus as a transfer. Transfers are given priority in our annual lottery process. However, the seat is not guaranteed.
- The registration process requires:
1. Proof of residency
2. Student immunization records
3. Student birth certificate
4. Student social security card
5. Guardian driver’s license…
6. Additional documents may be required.
You might be wondering, what does this mean for my child?
- Our rigorous, college-prep academic model is designed with an intentional layer of flexibility that makes the transition into a virtual environment seamless and structured — without compromising expectations or results.
- We will be providing personal technology devices to all IDEA scholars. Scholars can expect the following depending on their grade level:
- Grades Pre-K & Kinder: Chromebook Tablet
- Grades 1st – 8th: Chromebook Laptop
- Grades 9th – 12th: Dell Laptop
- When COVID-19 forced distance learning across the country last spring, IDEA teachers rose to the occasion and maintained contact with nearly 100% of their students. We’re prepared to make even stronger virtual connections this school year.
- After your child completes their year via distance learning, you will have the option to transfer to a school near you for in-person instruction during the 2021-22 school year.
If you are interested in learning more information about this program, fill out the form below so we can get started on your child’s journey to and through college!