As summer nears its end, our scholars will soon set foot on an IDEA campus for the first day of the 2022-2023 school year!
Returning IDEA families, we hope you are excited to continue along the road to and through college. New IDEA families, welcome to our Team & Family! We are so glad to partner with you to ensure your child is successful in college and in life.
As you prepare for the new school year in your region, here are important tips and reminders:
1. Remember Your First Day of School: Please see the regional first day of school schedule below. You can also access your 2022-23 academic calendar here.
2. Be Prepared: Ensure your scholar has their school supplies, uniforms, immunizations, and essential forms completed before the first day of school. You can access this critical back-to-school information and resources by selecting your state on our Back-To-School website.
Uniform and school supply information can be found here. If you do not see your campus school supply list on the website, please contact your campus directly for an updated list.
3. Immunizations: All families must submit updated health records, including up-to-date immunization records, during the registration process every year. All students must be immunized or hold a current, official exemption from the state. According to state law, returning student records need to be updated by the first day of school or they cannot attend school. There is a 30-day grace period, aligned with state requirements for students, that is a provisional enrollment period for students new to the district.
COVID-19 vaccinations are not mandatory for the 2022-23 school year. However, we highly recommend getting your school-aged children vaccinated to protect them from contracting or spreading the COVID-19 virus.
For more information about IDEA’s immunization requirements, please visit our Health services webpage at ideapublicschools.org/health-services.
4. Get Your Printable: We want to see your scholar’s amazing first day of school pictures! On our Back-To-School website, you will find printables you can use for your child’s first day of school pictures. Be sure to tag IDEA Public Schools when posting your pictures on social media and use the hashtags #IDEABack2School and #IDEAProud. We may feature your scholar on our social media channels!
5. *Drop-Off/Pick-Up Protocols: Classes begin at 7:30 a.m. The instructional day ends at 3:45 p.m. As the first week of school usually produces heavier drop-off traffic, we recommend arriving at least 30 minutes before class begins so that scholars have time to find their classroom before the morning bell. We also recommend allowing extra time to pick up your child once the school day ends.
For safety purposes, all IDEA families are asked to drop off their scholars in the drop-off area in front of the school inside the school gates. Directional signage and IDEA staff will be in place to guide this process.
While wait times are longer temporarily during the first week of school, we ask for increased patience, grace, and cooperation from families while adjusting to the routine. Safety is our top priority.
*Campus schedules may vary. We encourage you to contact your campus to confirm drop-off and breakfast times.